.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Friday, August 15, 2008

A peek inside my bag

contents of my bike bag
Here is my bike bag. Made by Carradice, it's a purpose-built bike bag. So shoot me. It's extremely practical, and extraordinarily well thought-out. It's not the most beautiful bag I own but its virtues are such that I love it.

In it I carry too many things:
  • U lock
  • plastic shopping bag - to cover my Brooks saddle if it's wet, or I'm parking in a suspect locale
  • tire pump
  • set of Alan wrenches - I think I'll stop carrying these, since this bike doesn't use them
  • small screwdriver - I think I'll stop carrying this
  • tire irons
  • tire gauge
  • spare 27" Schrader tube
  • adjustable wrench
  • Brooks wrench - I definitely will stop carrying this
  • bungee cord - I used to have two of these...
  • lock de-icer for my home bike shed - this might be stored 'till winter!
  • headlight - clips onto the bike
  • Sam Browne belt - my husband bought this from RUSA for Paris-Brest-Paris. It's the dorkiest thing anywhere, but I wear it gladly late on Friday night in any inclement conditions. I just think about how happy I was that he made it through that tough ride and got safely home to me
  • reflective gloves - my sister gave me these for Christmas to improve my visibility


Not pictured, because I forgot to replenish them: latex gloves, at least one pair, maybe two, for use when handling greasy bike bits. They're great to toss and go.

I have all this and still room to haul home groceries, or whatever needs hauling each day.


Stay tuned for guest bag posts...