.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bike Makeover #5: Spring Green Mixte (Updated)

wine crate mixte makeover bike bicycle
This is the second in the series of artistic mixte makeovers by "Baldman". I think it is just so exciting to see what is possible with old bikes.


This bike was a $30 garage sale find. Here is the obligatory "before" photo, note the dreaded drop handlebars:

Nishiki mixte bike bicycle
On this bike he spent a great deal of time cleaning up the drive train, and the frame now features three shades of paint, two on the tubes and a darker green for the lugs:

bike mixte bicycle conversion
As before it was about $25 in materials and four days of time, though he acknowledges that the bike would be better served by more time to cure between coats of paint. I think the bike still looks great!

He's even able to make his own decals.


I hope I was part of the inspiration for the wine crate. He was smarter than me and cut his down to a more reasonable size before attaching it to the bike.


And just because I have it, here's a photo of his darling dog - too cute!

cute pooch