.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Haul

Lately people have been posting photos of everything that they've been able to carry home on their bikes. Tonight I had a epic haul, so I thought I'd post photos/lists.

Here are my bags fully loaded:
bicycle bags loaded

Here's what I actually got home on this trip:
grocery haul on a bikePictured here we have:
2 lemons ?
2 pears 0.87 lb
apricots 1.72 lb
carrots 2.xx lb
lemon juice ?
sliced almonds 0.80 lb
flour 5.00 lb
2 boxes cake mix 2.75 lb
3 jars frosting 3.00 lb
Miracle Whip 1.00 lb
mayonnaise 1.00 lb
baker's chocolate 0.50 lb
shaved coconut 0.60 lb
condensed milk 0.90 lb
icing sugar 4.00 lb
granulated sugar 5.00 lb
brown sugar 1.00 lb
3 cream cheese 1.50 lb
sour cream 0.50 lb

So what does that total? More than 32 pounds, probably about 15 kg! I could tell too, the frame got a little squirrely. It was fine though. My brakes were great, even in the rain.

Wow, you say. Charlotte, that's a lot of fat and sugar. It is, and it's not normal, usually I eat my organic veggies. This was a special shopping trip. I'm making a lot of cakes you see.

I'm throwing a birthday party for my great-great-Aunt Charlotte. She'll be 97. Here she is as a spry 95 year old, giving a reading at my wedding. She brought the house down. Definitely the best in the show. I had people come up to me and ask where I hired the old lady. When I told her that people thought she was a professional, she reminded me that she is. She was a professional actress, and taught Theater and Speech for many decades. So you can imagine - she did a great job.

Anyway, if I'm a good cyclist it's because she taught me many of the values I need: self-reliance, determination, ingenuity. Living through the Great Depression changed people; in sad ways, but also in good, strong ways.

Over 97 years she's made a lot of friends and I guess that makes sense. We're going to have about seventy-five people stop by for cake and punch. I hope I have enough cake!
I'm working on making:

Coconut Bundt Cake
Devil's Food Cake
One Hundred Dollar Chocolate Cake
Blueberry Cake
"Yum Yum" Cake
Carrot Cake
Pear Spice Cake
Lemon Cake
Cheater's Chocolate Layer Cake (uses cake mix!)
Boring Vanilla Cake Mix Cupcakes

Did I miss your favorite cake? I want to have something for everyone!