.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boston bicycle cops

Boston bicycle cops
Right after I published this photo I caught up with the bike cops at JP Licks, a local home-made ice cream spot. We had a nice chat and I thanked them for all they do to keep us cyclists safe. They told me how much they enjoy riding bikes on their beat, and how much faster they are on bikes than in squad cars. They also get to talk to the community, like me!

It seems they're given a choice of a Trek or a Specialized. Their bike is their bike, but if another's bike is broken and they're not working that day they can expect their bike to go out with someone else. I'd like to think I'd be ok with that, but I get so attached to my bike. Even sharing with my husband makes me a little nervous.

Anyway, thank you bike cops for all you do to keep us cyclists safe!