.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Start of my Ladies Coat Project

LL Bean ladies camel wool car coat

I've been envious enough of my husband's cycling jacket to be on the hunt for one of my own. I finally found what I was looking for in the after Christmas sales. Oh the irony that the perfect cycling coat is currently being called a "car coat"!

The coat is:LL Bean car coat camel wool on clearance
  1. wool (blend)
  2. light camel colored to contrast with asphalt
  3. Thinsulate lined
  4. possessing seam details I can highlight in 3M reflective tape
  5. shorter in length, as my current coat occludes my seatpost tail light
  6. otherwise unremarkable, and thus unlikely to draw attention to itself
  7. inexpensive (yes, that factory outlet clearance sticker says $36.98)
I've been wearing the coat since the New Year and it feels strangely warmer than my JCrew Thinsulate coat. It may be because the LL Bean version is much lighter, so the same warmth seems remarkable.

In social lighting the coat does not read as anything remarkable:

modified cycling coat LL Bean car coat camel wool 3M Scotchlite reflective tape

Here the coat is flashed, you can see the one band of reflective tape and see all those seams where I can add more!

modified cycling coat LL Bean car coat camel wool 3M Scotchlite reflective tape flashed

I look forward to getting everywhere bike and still quickly looking almost "normal" (whatever that really is).