.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Friday, October 2, 2009

Diamond Frame in a Mini Skirt

Last week, leaving work, I was stopped at a red light when a voice issuing from a car behind me politely asked "Excuse me!". I turned and looked and the man in the passenger seat asked "Is that a skirt you're wearing?"

I responded in the affirmative. "On a man's bike?"

Yes, again. "Wow!" he said, "I'm very impressed!"

I hadn't thought much of it before then. Diamond frames are stronger and are made large enough for this tall girl, so that's simply what I ride - in a non-stretch mini skirt or whatever I happen to be wearing. Yes, I have to make some concessions while mounting and dismounting and so here they are:

How to ride a diamond frame in a non-stretch mini-skirt
while carrying lots of groceries:


triangle frame man's bike ridden in a skirt
If at all possible, try to mount and dismount to a curb, a parking block, or any other slightly elevated surface. This permits the most elegant approach as you pass more easily over the top bar and then step down to ride off.

triangle frame man's bike ridden in a skirtIf you happen to be somewhere without an elevated surface (and we want to be able to go anywhere ladies!) then all you have to do is lean your bike over sufficiently to get your leg over. There's a bit of a shuffle to get the bike fully vertical, and then you're on your way!

No big deal.