.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Boots!

balenciaga boots on a bike
OK my fashion friends, I turn to you to share my excitement for my new boots. Hurray new boots!
I've wanted boots for years now, and finally found a pair that meet all my exceedingly strict requirements. They're Balenciaga(!), and the leather used is just incredible. These cows must be another breed from the ones I normally encounter. I didn't want a boot with an elastic gusset - these boots fit perfectly from the foot (Euro 39.5 for this tallish girl, no larger, no smaller) to my sporty calf. I couldn't get a better fit bespoke. I also got them in a complicated second-hand arrangement, I would feel guilty buying boots this nice brand-new but these are guilt-free and it makes the perfect fit a miracle. I like to think that Nicolas Ghesquière would be happy to see them on a bike.

balenciaga boots on a bike

Those of you more into the bicycle accessories will notice that I have a new front rack. I'm very excited about this as now I can carry my famous French chocolate cake on my bike when you ask me over for dinner. The rack is made in the USA by Blackburn. I'm now looking for a silver rear rack to replace the black one. Not an urgent search, it's a fashion whim only, and I waited years to get the boots...