.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

North American Poll: Is Lycra still dominant?

I'm told by my friends in Europe that Americans still think that one must wear lycra to ride a bike, even in the city for short jaunts. I feel like this perception has changed, but perhaps the act of observing in keeping this blog has changed the observer (me).

It seems to me that all the articles about bicycle commuters that have gone along with all the articles about fuel prices have changed the way Americans see their noble and lowly bicycles. Among my colleagues there are two American men and one Dutch woman who commute in lycra, the rest of us commute in our work clothes. This change in cycling perception has happened in my family, what about yours? Your colleagues?

Fellow North Americans, what is the state of our cycling union? Are people aware of their cycling options? I'm terribly curious as to what you think!