.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jolly Bikes are bringing happy Gazelles to Boston

Are you looking for a custom bike purpose built for commuting, and don't want to build it yourself? A pair of ladies in Boston (Jolly Bikes) will import a Dutch Gazelle just for you, in your choice of an array of colors. This legendary Dutch brand Gazelle (in business since 1895) has a reputation as the "Mercedes Benz of bikes."

Because Gazelle thrives in the fertile soil of Dutch cycle culture they've thought out every aspect of bikes as transportation and so they are practical, thoughtful, stylish, and not cheap in any sense.

Here in America the Jolly Bike ladies then take your order a step further, with a custom painted jasbeschermer (coat/dress guard). What would you have painted on yours? I might have mine painted to match their cute panniers/saddlebags.


This bike looks like it was custom made for my mother. I wonder if I could get her riding with a bike that was this personalized? For her I'd have the jasbeschermer painted to reflect all her children. I think she'd like that.