.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
a
a

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kara Tointon is unrecognisable as she shows off her specs appeal in sexy photoshoot


In recent months, we've been used to seeing Kara Tointon in Lycra costumes and fake tan as she twirls around the dancefloor on the Strictly Come Dancing live tour.
But the actress has us shown a different side in a sexy new photoshoot, which sees her modelling a collection of spectacles.
The former EastEnder, who wears special Dyslexia reading glasses, is hoping to show sceptics that glasses can be sexy as she launches a new search for the Spectacle Wearer of the Year 2011.


 
The 27-year-old has posed in a series of thigh-skimming outfits and different pair of glasses as she teams up with Specsavers for the competition.
She enthused: 'I love wearing my glasses so I am very excited to be launching this year's competition. It's amazing how a pair of glasses can completely change your look.
'They can transform you from dowdy to fabulous in a flash.
'In my own case, glasses are my friend because not only have they helped me see, they have also helped me counter my dyslexia through the use of coloured lenses which aid me in learning my lines for acting out scenes.'
Specsavers' founder, Dame Mary Perkins, added: 'Not only does she love wearing her glasses, but they also have played a vital role in her life in helping her with her dyslexia, through the use of coloured lenses. She is the ideal specs-wearing role model for young people.'
Meanwhile, Tointon is having to conduct a long-distance relationship with her Russian boyfriend Artem Chigvintsev, who is based in Los Angeles because of visa issues.
She told ES magazine last week: 'Having a Russian passport is quite difficult, as I'm discovering.'
Tointon is currently in rehearsals for the new West End production of Pygmalion, which sees her play Eliza Dolittle to Rupert Everett's Professor Higgings.
The show opens at Garrick Theatre on May 12.

 
Specsavers and MOT Models will be specs-spotting this summer in city centres up and down the country. The competition is open to wearers of glasses who are 16 and over.

source : (HMK-TIMES)